Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

The girls are here!!!

Mackenzie Paige and Jocelyn Marie arrive very early tuesday morning on June 9th.

Mackenzie
5lbs 4oz
18 1/2in
1:35am

Jocelyn
5lbs 9oz
18 3/4in
1:34am

On Monday, June 8th, I was not feeling well most of the day. I began having pain on both of my lower sides early in the night. I took a shower, went to the bathroom, took some of my meds since the Doc said to do so when the pain got too bad. This was around 9pm. Around 11pm we decided to go to sleep and I was going to get up one more time to use the bathroom when all of a sudden my water broke. The only way i can describe how i felt was relief. I was so happy that I was going to the hosital and they were not going to send me home. I was having these babies!!

We got to the hospital around 11:30 and my contractions began about 5-10 minutes apart. They were not too bad at this point. I was 4cm and this was the only time they checked that. The around 12:00 my contractions were about 5 minutes consistanly part and a little bit more painful. At this point we were waiting for my Dr. to arrive. 12:30 comes and my contractions are about 1-2 minutes apart and getting pretty painful. If anyone has heard of back labor this was my labor pains. All in my lower back.

Around 1am, contractions were 1 minute and the most painful pains i've ever felt. I was begging for any type of pain meds but they didn't want to give me anything since i was going in for my c-section and i would get a spinal. I didn't care and threw a few choice words around. Oh and at this point I had to move from the one bed to another bed while having contractions and with help from one nurse.

FINALLY my doctor arrived and i got taken into the OR. At this point I had to go into another bed but had more help. My contractions were probably about 30 seconds apart and so so so painful. They got me set up and the spinal went in. Within seconds I felt relief and so happy. Although, the dinner I had early wasn't sitting too well. I got sick a few times but then felt better. The weirdest part of the spinal was not feeling my toes.

Mike at this point is by my side and he did wonderful. Even when i got sick he was ok. Jocelyn came out first and her cries were just beautiful to hear. Then Mackenzie was next. Mike got to see them right away and cut their cords.

The girls did go to the NICU for the 1st day and a half as a precaution and i was happy with this since they got special attention while there. By wednesday around 2pm they were with us in the room.

We got home saturday June 13th (SoCo's 3rd birthday). Soco is doing fabulous!! She's becoming the girls protector. Sherri and my mom have been taken turns staying with us which has been a blessing. We appriciate all their help which allows us to get a lot more sleep then I would have thought.

The girls are doing great and getting on a schedule as best they can for 2 weeks old. Tomorrow is another weight check so I will try to get on to update that. They way they eat I'm curious how much they have gained.

Here are a few pictures...
Jocelyn Marie
Mackenzie Paige








No comments:

Post a Comment