Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

8 Weeks

Another week has gone by and I'm happy to say I'm feeling so much better. My cold/flu for the most part has made its way out. I still have a little bit of a cough and sneezing but other then that I feel good.

Now that the cold has moved on I am starting to feel other "pregnancy symptoms" but not that bad. I am much more tired. I went back to work Monday and for the past two days as soon as I get home I lay down and sleep for a couple hours, wake up, eat and then go back to bed. And my days are getting harder to stay awake. As far as nasuea, I feel it here and there but not to the point I'm getting sick and it goes away pretty quickly. I got sick a few times last week but I think that had more to to do with the cold.

So all is good and tomorrow morning I have another ultrasound. I can't wait to see the heartbeats again. I know all the medicine I was taking was ok to take according the Dr's but I just want to see the heartbeats again to put my mind at ease.

Here is the weekly fetal development update:

Woohoo! You've got one whole inch of baby inside of you! Your little embryo has finally reached the one-inch mark (30mm). And if it were possible to take a peek, you could actually see your tiny baby without a telescope! What’s more, your baby is finally starting to take on some very distinct human features. For starters, their little tail (really just the spinal cord) has disappeared completely. It’s nice to know your baby can no longer be mistaken for a sea creature! Additionally, both their toes and fingers are prominent with very little, if any, webbing. Upper and lower limbs all show recognizable joints (elbows and knees) and the lower limb bones are starting to ossify. But don’t expect your baby to resemble either parent quite yet. Right now, your baby’s head is disproportionately larger than the rest of their body--making up almost half of your little one’s height and weight!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and Mike! I love reading your updates. Have fun tomorrow with your ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete