Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Week 9! and Happy Thanksgiving!!

We're at week 9 today! I'm feeling good. Nauseous here and there but I can't complain too much. I'm so very much looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night at Mike's Aunt Denise's house. I have been thinking about Turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes all week.

I'm starting to get little more of a belly. My pants are fitting still but a little tighter around the waist on some. Shirts on the other hand are not looking so great but luckily I do not have to dress business like at my work and I could wear a sweatshirt every day if I wanted. So I know I'm lucky with that.

Here is the weekly fetal development update I got:
Congratulations! Your amazing growing baby has been accepted into to the fetus-club, a very exclusive and exiting new stage in their prenatal development. Basically, this means the little sweet pea has graduated from swimming embryo creature to a recognizable human being! This week in particular, the irises of their little eyes can function, but (frustratingly for them?) their eyelids remain fused shut for a while yet. Their external ears are formed and their inner ears are now filled with fluid—so your little one is already developing their sense of balance. Your baby's little swimmer legs are still relatively, although other bodily developments are going forward at a nice pace: their kidney is actually functioning now, which means they’ve started urinating (this might seem charming now but wait till you have to start buying diapers!).

I also want to say that for this Thanksgiving, I'm very thankful for the miracles I have inside of me and for all of our family and friends who have been so supportive. We could not have gotten through this journey without all of you. And a special thank you to Mike who is always there for me. I'm very grateful and thankful to have you in my life and as my husband. And I absolutely cannot forget about our SoCo girl. She was meant to be our first baby. :-)

I wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment