Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Appts and 34 weeks....

I've had a few appointments since i last posted. Everything is looking great.

Non-Stress test: I'll do this everything Friday now. This went well once she was able to find the heartbeat (HB) of Baby A. As of my last ultra sound in April Baby A's head was on my left side and we would always find the HB on the left side. Well, Baby A's head is now on my right side so the lady eventually found her HB there. Baby B's is still across the top sideways with her head on my upper left side and her butt right under my right rib area. Anyway, once we got the heartbeats both girls did what they needed to do. Which is to see their HB jump with movement or something like that. Then they also like to check the fluid of the girls sacs. With twins she needed to do this with a quick Ultrasound (this is how we saw baby A really did move to the other side) Fluid was great.

Regular UltraSound Appt: This appt is probably my last regular ultrasound. And the girls are getting so big!! They don't have a lot of room either. So this made it very hard to get accurate measurements. Baby B, who was a little easier to read since she is up high, measured at 4lbs 11oz. And Baby A, who was very very hard to measure since she is down much lower. She measured 4lbs 3oz but the tech said that is not right and to not go by that. She did say that both babies look great. AND the most exciting thing we got to see was each of them practicing their breathing. The tech said this is a great sign that they are healthy. And if during the stress-tests i take on friday's now if the HB's don't jump the breathing is what they would look for. So it was great to see this when we were not really looking for it.

We also saw again that Baby A's head is on the right side. BUT her feet are still down low so she is breech (a little bit sideways too but more breech). (feet first) Baby B's is still transverse (sideways) Her feet are right above Baby A's head. So they are sort of in a circle. LOL.

I feel Baby B the most. I can see when she moves her butt or is wiggling around. My stomach goes nuts sometimes. I don't see Baby A's movements but she kicks me down low a lot to let me know she's there too.

Finally, with Baby A still breech and very unlikely to flip, I will be having a c-section. Which most of you know i'm totally ok with. :-) I see my OB on the 27th and will discuss with him about scheduling a date.

Week 34's development report:
Your amazing baby is on the move! They’ve been riding fairly high in your stretched-out womb till now (while kindly compressing your poor internal organs), but now they’re planning on making the big move to your pelvis this week. If you haven’t noticed it already, you’ll be feeling the weight shift that signals that your baby is most likely out of breech position, with their head now resting on your pubic bone. In liver news: although not quite fully formed, your little miracle’s liver is now capable of processing a certain amount of waste. In general, most of your child’s prenatal physical development is pretty much up to snuff and ready for the outside world. Naturally, further weight gain is expected—so you’re still not at maximum capacity despite probably feeling like you definitely are maxed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment