Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Today's Appt

Before i get into today's appt I want to give a little FYI I have change my pregnancy counter to go by what the Doctors go by. I'm beginning to confuse myself. haha. i was going by the fertilization date and they are going by the date i had my transfer.

Well, today i had my regular ob appt. And it was an interesting appointment. the last couple days i haven't felt very comfortable and have been feeling pressure down low. So i told my Dr. this. He then checked my cervix and tells me i'm 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. (for those that dont know dilated means my cervix is now open starts at 1cm goes to 10cm. Effaced means that my cervix is thin 0% is closed 100% is very very thin.) The nurses and doctors were not worried or concerned about this so i'm not going to be. They said that i could be this way for weeks even with twins. I just now have to be aware of any contractions and to monitor them.

But the fact that I was feeling some pressure today my dr. wanted me to get checked at the hospital. So i had to head to labor and delivery. Thank goodness we took our tour on friday! lol. So I scare the crap out of mike through a text (i tried to call but he was in a meeting and he texted me first) but once i did get to speak to him i reassured him that I felt things were fine and that he did not have to rush to the hospital just yet. But he was already on his way so i told him to go home first. I just knew I wasn't having these babies today.

The nurse i had was wonderful. SO NICE. She hooked me up to the heartrate and contraction monitor like I do on friday's. I think I had like 1 small contraction when i was first hooked up but after that all was good. The babies were all over the place so that was good they were not stressed although their mom was. haha. I went home after about 2 hours in the hospital. I feel fine now. My new goal is to get to at least June 10th which would be almost 36 weeks. Of course the longer they stay in the better but the nurse i talked to said around 36 weeks would be great.

Now...If by some miracle i make it to June 23rd. This will be my schedule c-section. But I do not feel I will get that far. And honestly the thought of going that far hurts. LOL.

Talk about a reality check that these girls will be here VERY soon!!

1 comment: